Hey!
This last week was a really interesting one. On Monday, which is normally our preparation day, we woke up at 5:30 to go to Kinston for our zone conference. Elder Marlin K. Jensen of the Presidency of the Quorum of the 70 was there... and I think I wrote about it in my last email. In short, it was awesome. I attached a picture of my zone with him. (Elder Jensen is the one in the middle with the glasses. My mission president is the one to his left. I'm standing behind my mission president. My friend Elder Kyle Simmons is the second one from the left, on the back row. Some of you may also know Elder Morrell [7th from the left on the back row] and Sister Johnson [the sister in the white and pink on the right]... both of them are also Davis Darts! Woohoo!)
On Tuesday we shopped for food and emailed home because we didn't have time after the zone conference.
Things were pretty normal again on Wednesday and Thursday, but on Friday we drove to Apex to go to the Raleigh Temple. It's so small! But it was still a very wonderful experience and I'm really glad I could go again. I miss being able to go once a week. When we finally got home, we had our preparation day... shoot hoops... play piano... write letters... the usual.
On Sunday, our investigator Virgil (the one with muscular dystrophy in the wheelchair) came to sacrament meeting! It was the annual primary program this week, when little children sing and speak as the main meeting that week. I could tell that Virgil was very touched by the meeting. The Spirit was strong as the children reverently bore testimony through word and song, and it brought tears to his eyes. He was very impressed with the Latter-day Saint children. The primary program made me miss home a little bit... there were about half as many kids involved as I'm used to seeing, and Becky was not among them, but I still loved it.
Not a whole lot has changed... still trying to find people to teach, avoid getting hit by cars, and help people come unto Christ. It's an exciting thing! I hope that you are all having great experiences at home! Hopefully something a little out of the ordinary (but safe) will happen soon so that I can have a neat experience to share with all of you. Please let me know how you're doing! I love your letters, even the short ones!
Love,
Elder Schank